CHICAGO -- (WGN) -- Fourteen elementary school students were sent to four hospitals Wednesday after they possibly ate candy that may have been laced with an unknown substance, police said.
The students attend James Russell Lowell Elementary in Humboldt Park.
Their parents have been notified, and the students are all in good condition.
Chicago Public Schools released the following statement:
"School officials contacted 911 in response to concerns that a group of students may have ingested an unknown substance earlier this morning. Emergency services providers responded promptly, and a review of the situation is underway."